[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geminids in eastern Ontario...

I lucked in for the Geminids max night!!!  Despite a cloudy forecast
and very little hope of seeing anything, I managed to get a sucker
hole shortly after 3am local time.  Limiting magnitude reached about
6.4.  Got in about 2 hours TEFF.

My first impression was strong activity earlier in the night,
followed by fairly sharp decrease in rates until morning dawn and
more clouds eventually interfered.  GEM activity wasn't quite as
intense as in 1998.  Mostly a mix of faint and bright meteors.  I did
see one very nice fireball!!

Will have the tape decoded a bit later today, so a more complete
report will follow.

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html