[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid rates!

> Jure A, what did your peak per-minute rate end up
> being for that night? Was 55 the highest?
Huh! Almost missed this one! No. First, I messed up the time index, it was
somewhere around 11:00. That was only from listening to the tape the afternoon
after the storm, when I was still fairly excited. And no, 55/min was not the
highest rate. At 11:05 (I think) I reached a top count of 64/min. And I noticed
a bunching of Leonids between 11:04:30 and 11:05:30 UT so, naturally, I counted
them: in this 1-minute period I saw 70 Leonids. I hope this helps :)

Clear skies!

Jure A.

http://www.emaildot si
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html