[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Estimating magnitudes

In a message dated 12/15/01 7:14:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
chall@cyberusdot ca writes:

<< In spite of these comments... the Handbook is pretty good - and is used
 around the world by many observers, both amateur and professional.  >>

    I wholeheartedly agree!  In such publications, where so many tables and
graphs are used, an error or two is bound to come up.  Every year in
December, I look forward to receiving both the RASC Observer's Handbook, as
well as Guy Ottewell's spectacular annual, "Astronomical Calendar."  Both are
excellent guides for reviewing what will transpire in the heavens above in
the coming year.

-- joe rao
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html