[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ursid Clarification......

In my earlier note about the upcoming Ursid meteor shower, I wrote:

>>>The radiant at maximum on December 22nd is at 217 degrees. For those who
prefer right ascension and declination coordinates, this corresponds to RA
14 hours 28 minutes, Dec +76.<<<

One of our members has correctly pointed out to me that this statement may
cause some to wonder how I derived the +76 value. To clarify, both values,
the 217 degrees and the +76 declination were taken from the IMO list of
showers. What I was trying to say was that for those who are more
comfortable using right ascension coordinates, the 217 degrees converts to
14 h 28 m right ascension.

Happy Holidays!

Mark Davis, sc.meteors@home.com
Goose Creek, South Carolina, USA