[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Clustering (a new approach?)...

Still thinking about clustering and some ideas are coming to my mind.
Maybe some meteor streams are composed by hundreds (or thousands)
"micro-streams", like the hundreds of rings around Saturn. Each
"micro-stream" could have been formed by a revolution of the parent boby
or another effect (gravitational or not). When the Earth crosses a
"micro-stream" we could see the clustering effect.

We could analize the minute by minute meteor data collected by some
observers in different earth longitudes in search of "micro-streams"
beeing crossed by the earth in its orbit. They would appear sequencially
at every longitude from east to west with a determined velocity. Chris
may help us here.

But I too think minute by minute isn't a good resolution, as Chris
pointed. Maybe we should collect data in tenths of a minute during major
meteor shower.

This hypothesis don't exclude "meteoroid families" mentioned by Tom.

Kiko Soares
P. Prudente - Brasil
22.07 S - 51.22 W