[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radio Ursids high now?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Boschat" <aa063@chebucto.nsdot ca>
To: "Meteor" <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Sent: December 21, 2001 7:49 AM
Subject: (meteorobs) Radio Ursids high now?

Hi Michael,

I also detected increased rates this early AM. Not sure if Ursids though.
Dec. 21
1100-1200 UT  52/hr
1200-1300 UT  41/hr
1300-1400 UT  80/hr

Monitoring on FM 89.7 MHz with 6 element Radio Shack FM antenna oriented
approx. 180 degrees and elevated 20 degrees from horizontal. Using Icom-R10
receiver in FM mode and Meteor V6.0 software.

Still new to this and still tinkering with my setup though in Central Iowa

Mark