[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Ursids from eastern Ontario!!

Hi to all,

I just had a successful meteor run last night.  Quite possibly my
most successful effort seeing the Ursids on peak night; especially
considering how difficult it's been to go out and look for them in
recent years.

I watched Ursids for a few hours TEFF.  Skies became *VERY*
transparent with crystal clear skies (LM about 6.5).  Ursids provided
a few interesting and unexpected surprises (I'll explain later in my
full report)!  Ursids rates were fairly normal for the first hour,
but despite improving radiant elevation their activity seemed to drop
quite noticably near morning dawn.

Sporadics were quite good, with quite a few swift meteors coming from
the north apex source.

I must get a bit more sleep now, so a more complete report will be
posted later today when I decode my tape...

Enjoyable night!!

Pierre Martin
Ottawa, Ontario
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html