[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor Detection on FM--a new experience.

Thanks to you and others for your replies. I live in a fairly remote part of the Sierra mountains of
California, and about 60 miles NE of Sacramento. From what I gather, my best direction for detection
is probably towards the west for stations in the SF/SJ Bay Area. Another possibility is stations on
the other side of the Sierra near Reno, NV. I'll likely get a chance to try this out in a few days
and will certainly be interested for the Quadrantid shower.

I saw somewhere that one can do better with TV, but I suspect that requires some tuner allows some
band of frequencies rather than to a specific frequency.

I would think FM meteor listening works equally well in any type of weather.

--
            Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet)

                "For a really good prime, call 555-3241" -- Seen on a tee shirt

                       Web Page: http://home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews
           Imaginarium Museum: http://home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html