[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) December 2001 Meteor Hunt Introduction

December 24, 2001

Greetings Meteor Enthusiasts!

DECEMBER 2001 METEOR HUNT INTRODUCTION:

During the month of December so far, I have been
fortunate to have been able to meteor hunt on a few
separate nights, only two of which I feel worthwhile
enough to post to Meteorobs.  (With the way things
look weather wise, though, they probably will be the
only ones for this month, too.)  Sorry to say, Geminid
peak night was clouded out here, and Ursid peak night
--- well, had many factors including a little error
about between what days the peak was to occur.

Besides myself, my sister Rebekah, unbeknownst to me,
was active meteor hunting on Dec. 10/11, one of the
nights among my two reports that I too was hunting.
She saw only one faint meteor, but one that I missed,
probably because I was writing down the LM at the
time, its dimness, and due to the fact that it wasn't
exactly in my field of view too good.  Oh, well.
Nevertheless, I have decided to turn her meteor watch
(with her consent) into a report along with my others.
 Her observation spot was only a few hundred feet away
from mine at the time, right outside our family's
house on Pickerel Lake.

Like always, please feel free to ask questions or
correct any errors.

Merry Christmas and frosty Quadrantids!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA