[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 1885 and 1891 shower outbursts

happy holidays everyone... i had a few quick very basic questions I was
hoping someone might be able to help me with:

>it must have been strong to attract enough attention to be noted, especially
in
>the moonlight of a 100% lit Moon. Are there any other historical records of
>this shower, since I haven't seen any yet?

As this shower was observed with a full moon.... does that hold the
possibility for a spectacular Leonids in 2002 despite the moon?  (spectacular
being defined as equivalent to this past year or even better?)

#2:

What is the likelyhoold of the Quads arriving 6 hours late?  Is this like
1/100,000 or 1/20?

#3:  For an observer in South Carolina.. is the zenith high enough (?or low
enouhg) to oberserve earth grazers right after sunset on Jan 3rd?

#4:  Anyone care to guess what the likelhood is of one of these newly
discovered comets producing a major shower in our lifetime?  Is there any
chance of this being predicatable (even approximately)  if the comet does not
pass twice?

Thanks for anyone kind of enough to provide any answers/thoughts-

Mark
http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html