[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) December Meteor Hunting BLUNDER!

Mark Fox:
> In my recent posted meteor observations of December
> 7/8 and 10/11, I incorrectly described SOME of the
> directions of the meteors that I saw.  In the cases
> where I used "at the left edge of" or "on the right
> side of", etc. the opposite was true.

It's better to give compass directions such as west or south-east, since
left and right depend on the orientation of the constellation from your
site at the given time.  For example left and right would be
interchanged for a Geminid observer in Australia.

Malcolm Currie

http://www.meteorobs.org/storms.html