[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Wee bit OT ..

eh!
         Pretty strange stuff, don't detect and humour in it.Does any
body?... but the list response to the message made be remember a line of
thought this morning.
          Namely the meteor showers may certainly be affected subtly by
gravity, right, in ratio, at least where the Earth's concerned, to the
inertial momentum of each particle that makes up the shower, ie. orbit, while
taking into account the rate of SPIN of that particular meteor. Then we know
of the Jupiter effect which influences the meteor shower through gravity.
Besides, the "dust" has an electric charge
because of spin rate; is magnetic because of the magnitudes of speed and
orbit; is acted upon by gravity in ways we are only just able to perceive
because of the excellence of meteorbs and the observation of the Leonid storm
events over the last few years.
            What I'm trying to say is in two parts, of course. Meteor
observing is a really important thing to be doing right now. And if what I'm
saying holds any water, then the event of planetary, lunar, and
planetary/lunar "constellation" subtly effects but observably so the the
migration of radiants and may lend credence to those out there who would like
to trust their intuitions about clustering and family phenomenon.
              One such asterism would seem to be coming into alignment
between Jupiter in Gemini, Saturn in Taurus (beginning retrograde) and the
waxing moon for the next few months. It would be interesting to chart the
deviation to predicted position and ZHR against the configuration of the
planets, stars, and nodes of the moon. After all, the meteor showers are from
"out there", not to be confused with space junk, which is closer to home.

                                                      Thanks For Your
Patience
                                                       And Happy Hunting In
The New Year!