[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Unusual QUA activity before the predicted peak?

First in the report from Javor (KACJA):
>Period (UT) Teff   F   LM  QUA DCA COM Spor
>0239-0341   1.00 1.00 5.76  8   0   2   5

And also in the concurrent one from Jure Z (ZAKJU):
>Periode         Teff    LM     F      QUA   COM    Spor
>02:32-03:41    1.150   5.88  1.00       6     0      4

And then later in the night from US observer Bert Matous:
>0520-0620 CST - 15 QUA, 1 ant, 1 Spor

These are extraordinary numbers of Quadrantids, for observations many hours
before the predicted peak, aren't they? In my life, I have very few hours of
Teff under my belt duting the QUAs (basically all of them in the "old days"
in Florida in the '80s, using the old AMS method with mentor Norm McLeod.)

But I have always labored under the impression that outside of a few hours
of true "peak" time, the QUAs are a really *minor* shower of 1-3 per hour!

Clear skies,
Lew