[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) quadrantids

I went out 4-5 Wed morning to check out the Quadrantids. Never have seen this
shower.
Only saw 6 meteors. 2 sporadics and 4 quads
4:00  blue mag 1   quad
4:14  white mag -1 sp
4:30 red yellow    mag 2   sp  15 degrees 2.5-3 seconds .5 train
4:44 white 0 mag quad
4:46 white 2 quad

I did not mind seeing that few. Each was real nice with different colors etc.
The red yellow sped along real slowly and started red orange then changed to
yellow leaving a short trail. Memorable eventhough only mag 2 . Started out
from North of quad radiant. Possibly from another shower?

I enjoyed it. I'd rather see some nice ones that a ton of boring ones. Still
it was not the leonids (which I missed due to clouds).

Dr. Eric Flescher (KCStarguy@aol.com)