[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) quadrantids

>>>Started out from North of quad radiant. Possibly from another shower?
        Alignment is everything.   Shower members can start out from any point in
the sky, but must line up with the radiant to be counted as such.  If the
starting point is close to the radiant but the path length is long, it's probably
not a member regardless of alignment.

>>>I enjoyed it. I'd rather see some nice ones that a ton of boring ones.
My impression last year was that the vast majority of the quads I saw were not
very impressive.  I agree with you -- one or two bright or unusual meteors can
salvage an otherwise dismal night of observations and can even make the night
quite memorable.

>>> Still it was not the leonids (which I missed due to clouds).
There's still the 2002 Leonids, which, even in the moonlight, will probably hold
some suprises!

Kim Youmans