[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) DCA last night and some more...

Hi, everyone,

Yesterday, Jin Zhu, Yuwei Fan and Dan Xia went to Xinglong to observe any
possible DCA activity. The weather was quite clear. It was said that one
with powerful eyes may see a +7 star or even fainter. At night, there
seemed to be "two small increases" of DCA. But the activity returned
normal before dawn. The detailed report will be sent out soon. The first
increase corresponded to the calculated maximum date, namely "Jan. 7.5".
But it is also possibly a coincidence.

Thanks for Lew's reminding. I wasn't familiar about the telescope
observing method and forgot it last time. In fact, IMO's calendar has
already reminded us to use this means. And I think Marco's calculation
may be an important check ("check", not "cheque";) ), but unfortunately,
I don't know much about the method of "Drummond's D' criterion". So I
have to read some references first and express my view later.

All best wishes and Clear skies!
Huan Meng  <meteorobs_menhu@hotmail.com>