[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fw: Attention!

>Also, when you send an email using your CC try to use CCI which is a blind CC.

This advice from John is absolutely correct. By the way, the usual header for
this kind of CC in Anglophone email systems is "BCC" - for "Blind Carbon Copy".

Coincidentally, I encourage ANYONE who is considering sending a "VIRUS ALERT!!"
to all their friends and colleagues, to first take the advice of *VERIFYING THE
VIRUS REPORT*, via any one (or all) of the following sites:

    http://www.fedcircdot gov/
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/
    http://www3dot ca.com/virus/

I particularly urge this course, if you plan on emailing any LARGE, TOPIC- SPECIFIC EMAIL LISTS with your warning... (Forgive the gentle hint! ;>)

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@atmob.org>

Follow-Ups: References: