[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fw: Attention! (READ THIS FIRST RE ALLEGED "VIRUS")

--- Ed Majden wrote:

>     I just received this via Rudy Nagy.  Please
> check your computer for this
> virus by following the instructions below

> or "search"

> type     sulfnbk.exe
> This

THIS IS AN ONGOING HOAX.

"SULFNBK.EXE" IS NOT A VIRUS. IT IS THE NAME OF A
UTILITY WHICH IS A NORMAL PART OF WINDOWS 95/98
STORED BY DEFAULT IN YOUR "C" DRIVE. DELETING IT
WILL INTERFERE WITH THE FUNCTIONING OF YOUR
COMPUTER.

Hoping he's saved a few annoying repair jobs.

terry g.

ps searching www.symantec.com or a like site will
confirm this.