[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Nightlife On Mars

We often become very, very involved in our work and
our hobbies.  Sometimes we tend to overlook the
potential for humor in those things we are so intensly
researching.

Perhaps looking at the lighter side of "what's up there"
may be of benefit to you.  The opening paragraph of
the story follows....if that interests you, then click on
the link.

PASADENA, CA — Following last week's near-shutdown of the Galileo space probe after weathering a blast of interstellar radiation, scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory were elated yesterday when the Mars Global Surveyor discovered conclusive proof of nightlife on the Red Planet.
   While Galileo's mission has taken it nearly twice as far from Earth as the Global Surveyor, and its data and images of Jupiter's moon Io have vastly improved scientists' understanding of the tiny satellite, all of its successes pale in comparison to Global Surveyor's cultural revelation.   While Galileo's mission has taken it nearly twice as far from Earth as the Global Surveyor, and its data and images of Jupiter's moon Io have vastly improved scientists' understanding of the tiny satellite, all of its successes pale in comparison to Global Surveyor's cultural revelation.

for more, see http://www.brknews.com/news/nightlife.html

FYI
chuck ferriday