[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) QUADRANTID excerpt from "CCNet 7/2002 - 10 January 2002"

Dear All,

Rob is quite right that refering to radiant and orbits is tautological. I guess
I did in order to make some distinction between what we observed (radiants and
velocity) and what is derived of it (orbits), and for the benefit of CCNet
readers who might not know that radiant structure also means structuring in
orbits (indeed, that radiant position and velocity determine the orbit you
derive from them). Although that now seems to have reached the opposite...
Maybe I should have written it as radiants/orbits to more accurately reflect
that they are intertwined.

- Marco