[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) =?iso-8859-1?Q?=EF=D4=D7=C5=D4?=: (meteorobs) Electrophonic meteors

I listened to the video clip, but heard something more like a somewhat slow and low volume crackling
sound than a deep 'pop'. Note that an E appears on the screen to denote the start of the sound, and
that use of the right mouse button allows one to repeat the clip. I printed the article, which I
will read later.

As an aside, my understanding is that a bolide is a meteor that can be heard (as an acoustic wave)
but I just read somewhere on the web, I believe a NASA site, that it was a bolide that killed the
dinosaurs. In fact, the author repeated bolide several times. My impression is that people sometimes
use the term to mean a very large and bright meteor; however, one of the size that killed off the
dinosaurs, I am sure, could probably have easily been heard.

--
       Wayne T. Watson (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N, 2,701 feet), Nevada City, CA

             ""Insanity is hereditary; you can get it from your children." -- Sam Levinson

                       Web Page: http://home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews
           Imaginarium Museum: http://home.earthlinkdot net/~mtnviews/imaginarium.html