[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Leo 2001 coverage in S&T 3/2002

>No way would that ever happen. Besides the cost of a separate issue, the
>readership wouldn't be there. While every one of us on this list, what is it
>now ~400, would eat it up. 400 + even if we say there was another 4,000 out

I have to agree with Kevin that - in the CURRENT ATMOSPHERE - meteors are just
not interesting to enough people among S&T's readership, to make it worth their
while to do a whole special issue... On the other hand, that is partly due to a
"Catch-22" - namely, it is at least partly the lack of press coverage here in
North America, which makes meteors such an "unknown" to so many amateurs here.

Of course, the REASONS the press here is generally unwilling to carry "regional"
coverage of meteors are many and complex - and I would certainly not propose to
air any of those reasons in this forum... But that's a whole other matter. :)

BTW, Kev, our little list has now stabilized at about 650 readers!

Clear skies,
Lew