[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Finally a Leo 2001 report from a Pacific island!

In Astronomy & Geophysics Vol. 43 #1 (Feb. 2001) page 4 there is a brief report
about a British tour to the island of Palau: "Despite cloud spilling over from
nearby tropical storms (which we were lucky to avoid) up to 25 Leonids per minute
were seen around 17.38-17.39 UT, with a second peak of about 25 Leonids per minute
just before 18.00 UT. A third and highest peak of around 27 Leonids per minute
was seen at 18.15-18.16 UT."

Some noisy plots and a photo are at http://www.astdot cam.acdot uk/~baa (Nov. 18 entry) -
have there been any other reports of successful (or spoiled) observations in the
Western Pacific?

Daniel