[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Geo Quest 2002-World Tour Meteorites, Mines, Minerals, Fossils etc

Greetings Listees,

I am off sabbatical and wanted to announce plans for several international trips
my son and I will be making over the course of now through May.  We plan to
visit locales which have meteorite/mineral/fossil collections, historical mines,
open collecting sites and perhaps link up with colleagues to discuss common
interests.(Note: Home cooked meals would not be declined ....)

Presently we are leaving Tuesday the 25th of Feb. for Hawaii and Japan for 2
weeks.  Upon return to the  east coast of the US we are anticipating traveling
generally in succession to Spain, Morocco, Italy, and Greece for 2-3 weeks.

Follow on travel to Austria, France , Germany, BeNeLux, and the UK are planned
but the timelines are vague but would likely occur mid to late April.

Turkey, Oman, Israel, Ukraine, Russia, and Egypt are future options after May.

If you have suggestions or information as to locations/collections of interest,
or an interest in meeting while were are in your area, please reply off list.
Any and all tips, hints, or suggestions would be appreciated. Please make it
easy on me and my rusty geographical senses by providing enough information that
I can locate the facilility /area you suggest in an Atlas (including a major
metropolitan area it is near). If you'd like to meet , host, or travel along
we'd love to look at that opportunity.  In like mind, if you anticipate visiting
the US around New Jersey or Pennsylvania --including the Franklin New Jersey
Fluorescent Mineral Locale and Zinc Mines or Pennsylvania Fern Fossil sites, and
Coal Mines--please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your indulgence. I am looking forward to meeting many of the
international folks with whom I have corresponded.

Regards,
Elton Jones