[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireballs 18 Jan??

Hi.Francisco
Bolide of the -14 or brighter was record by the El
Paso Sandie bolid all sky camera on Jan. 18 2001.If
you can check the records of the IMO for the late
90's. I believe you will find several fireballs or
bolides during the month of Jan. and Feb.. I
personally I believe that many of these event are
related to the antihelion. Several other event were
record during this  period Starting back on Jan.7 To
the end of the month. I am not an expert, just a sky
watcher. Also see if you can find the web. site for
sandie national labortory they may have same event
posted in their archives for this time period.Jan.7
event over south eastern New Mexico was an
electrophonic fireball meteor.The event was heard by a
blind child who was out walking with his Dad. I
thought that was Cool. Hope this helps.
Thomas Dorman
Far West Texas Sky Watcher
 drygulch_99@yahoo.com