[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Higher activity last night?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Huan Meng" <meteorobs_menhu@hotmail.com>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Cc: "Jin Zhu" <zj@bac.pkudot edu.cn>
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2002 1:41 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) Higher activity last night?

We did some meteor observations last night, and surprisingly
> found that there were some more meteors than usual in the first half part
> of the night.

Hi Huan,

I observed last weekend (9-10/3), and I also had the impression that the
activity was higher in the first part of the night (the hours centred around
midnight). Certainly no special activity from the both sources you
mentioned. But, I noticed a couple of slow meteors from Bootes (the
surroundings of Arcturus).The apex source was quite active.

Unfortunately, this weekend  in Belgium, we are totally clouded out. No
Ikeya Zhang....but...perhaps this evening....?

Best wishes,

Michel Vandeputte
Dutch Meteor Society
VVS Belgium meteor section