[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Higher activity last night?

>>We did some meteor observations last night, and
surprisingly
>> found that there were some more meteors than
usual in the first half part
>> of the night.

I was out last night observing comet Ikeya-Zhang.
We saw quite a few
meteors while doing other things (setting up a
Schmidt Camera).
We had definitively discussed our impression that
the activity was quite
high, considering this time of the year, but did
not look further into it.
I saw 6 meteors during about one hour of other
activities. I was not
well dark adapted, limiting magnitude was worse
then 5.0, in the beginning there was
evening twilight, and then fog was building up and
terminating our
activity. I never would have posted this comment
(since I do
not think that such "impressions" during other
activity are meaningful indicators).

Perhaps video people can have a look into there
data.

Hartwig.