[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Higher activity last night?

> I observed last weekend (9-10/3), and I also had the impression that
the
> activity was higher in the first part of the night (the hours centred
around
> midnight). Certainly no special activity from the both sources you
> mentioned. But, I noticed a couple of slow meteors from Bootes (the
> surroundings of Arcturus).The apex source was quite active.
>
> Unfortunately, this weekend  in Belgium, we are totally clouded out. No
> Ikeya Zhang....but...perhaps this evening....?

Hi, Mechel,

As same as yours, my formal meteor observation was also done at about the
mid-night (not in the first half part of the night). But maybe I didn't
say that clearly in my last e-mail.

At about 22h-23h (local time), I went up to the roof, and wanted to watch
some Messier objects. But in about 5 minutes, I saw 3 meteors, including
one with -3 mag. This made me want to see which shower was acting. But
since I have never planned to do meteor observation, perparing tools
(e.g. finding clock and recorder) cost me lots of time. The observation
didn't start until 23h45m (LT).

I didn't tell out apex meteors from sporadic ones. Also, I didn't have
the impression about meteors from Bootes. But Dr. Jin Zhu did video
observation in the second half part of the night. There are probably
other video records at that moment. So maybe those can help us to confirm
or contradict it.

All best wishes and Clear skies!
Huan Meng  <meteorobs_menhu@hotmail.com>

Follow-Ups: References: