[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Higher activity last night?

Hi. Huan and all
The reason I have the feeling that there was enhanced
meteor activity on the night of March10/11 is I was
not really looking for meteors that night.The amount
of activity is what caught my attention.I was
concentrating on problems with my experimental all sky
camera. I also reported a bright fire ball that night
to Jim Gamble at the El Paso All Sky Camera.The amount
of activity is what made me question Jim if he knew if
we were in an out burst.The activity drop out by 06.00
ut.The next night little or no activity, but have seen
some shooters from this area since.Information can be
found at
http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/leonids_ursids.html,this
is Gary Kronk web page on comets and meteors.Also has
listing for Pi Virgnids Max. March 3-9 and Rho
Leonids, max.March1-4.Hope this help,not an expert
just a skywatcher.
Thomas Dorman
Far West Texas Sky Watcher