[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) April 7 mag-8 fireball

I have just received from Tom McEwan an anouncement from space .com about a
satellite reentry at the same time.
    http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/missions/satellite_falls_020407.html

>NASA's first High Energy Transient Experiment (HETE), the Argentine SAC-B
>                   spacecraft and part of a Pegasus launch vehicle are
believed to have re-entered the
>                   Earth's atmosphere at approximately 10:55 p.m. Eastern
Standard Time on April 6.

>                   Space Command indicates that the debris re-entered at
31.5 degrees North and 92.4
>                   degrees East, according to a NASA statement. Less than 8
kilograms (17 pounds)
>                   were predicted to survive the re-entry process.

The timing is right but the location is very different somewhere over China
by my atlas.
Nick
Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
 Latitude 55 24'56" Longitude 4 26' 00".