[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) The German "bitumen meteorite

Dear All,

Some people are very interested in the German April 6 "bitumen meteorite"!
Yesterday I had a phone call from Evgenii Dmitriev on "meteorite matters".
When I told him about the "bitumen meteorite" fall in Germany, he asked me
to post a  request to send him a portion of the "meteorite" for
investigation. He is rather known  among Russian meteorite experts, as for
many years he promotes an idea that such "bitumen" and/or "slag" meteorites
are real meteorites from comets. He investigates cases of such falls in
Russia. There is a www-page of his research in Russian with English
abstract:
http://www.meteorite.narod.ru/proba/kommet/00Erupt.htm  .  In brief, he
thinks that  comets  are produced during high-speed ejections of a soil by
extremely powerful lightnings on other planets. (in my opinion, such "slag
meteorites" are terrestrial origin, and are result of rare terrestrial
electricity activity, so I prefer to call them "geometeorites").
Anyway, if somebody could help to send the sample to E. Dmitriev, please
e-mail him
deval@newmail.ru (or me in the case of problems).

Sincerely,
Andrei Ol'khovatov