[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) China meteor may solve death of mythic emperor

>From: "Meteorrr" <meteorrr@attdot net>
>Subject: Re: (meteorobs) China meteor may solve death of mythic emperor

Jeff and others.  It has ben shown by several researchers in recent years
that sometimes comets and sometimes meteor showers were referred to as being
dragons.  Bob Kobres, and M. Baillie  (see his book "Exodus to Arthur") have
both shown that such references are even found amongst old western works
such as some folk tales and some literature.  The point is, that not to many
people keep up with the scientific literature past or present.   If you
should study say even the Tunguska event of 1908, you will find that several
european researchers have complained about how few American researchers have
ever taken the time to read even the English translations of Russian works
about this event.  So sometimes, the American researchers get simple details
wrong such as what direction the eye witnesses said it came from.
We should all strive to educate ourselves better.  I am not saying that we
should all get degrees in meteoritics, cometary physics or anything else.  A
degree is not needed to understand what is happening in our universe or on
our planet.  But we should try to read the literature and if we are as
interested in a field as we claim we are, then we should know something
about it.

R. Warren