[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Great Balls of Fire! - No beans before surgery!

From Aerielle Louise  ;-)
Talk Radio Network
April 18,  2002

Great Balls of Fire!

No beans before surgery!

Patient having op on backside breaks wind, causing fire

A Danish man having surgery on his backside broke wind and
set his genitals alight.

A surgeon was removing a mole on his backside with an
electric knife when the man broke wind,
lighting a spark.

His genitals had been washed with surgical spirits and
caught fire.

He's suing the hospital for pain and suffering and loss of
income.

He says he had to take extra time off work and can't have
sex with his wife. The hospital says it was an unfortunate
accident.

"When I woke up, my penis and scrotum were burning like
hell," the man told Danish Newspaper BT.

Surgeon Dr Jorn Kristensen said: "No-one considered the
possibility the man would break wind during the operation,
let alone that it would catch fire. It was an unfortunate
accident."

The 30-year-old patient said: "I've had to be booked off
work for longer than expected and, besides the pain, I can't
have sex with my wife."

The operation which was being carried out at the Kjellerups
hospital, was aborted immediately after the accident.

Reports say it's unlikely the doctor will face disciplinary
action.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_566545.html?menu=news.quirkies