[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) The Fireball Trio from Europe--- Any Radiant?

April 20, 2002

Greetings Meteor and Meteorite Enthusiasts!

I for one, am quite intrigued by the recent
information comparisons, tying the H5 chondrite
Pribram with the EN060402 bolide.   It's about time
such an association has been made, since the likely
hood of there not being "meteorite" streams is quite
illogical.

But now, has anyone done any work on whether these two
meteoritic events form a radiant?  Could these
findings at least partially solve the mystery of the
famous April fireballs?  If no information has been
analyzed in respect to that yet, it definitely should
be!  My goodness, that would certainly give something
for us meteor observers and meteorite hunters to look
out for during the spring meteor drought.

Also, I am getting a tad confused with the trio of
fireballs witnessed over Europe.  Is EN060402 just the
Austrian Border, Bavarian and/or German bolide?
Whatever happened to the one sighted a little farther
west, which too, is said to have been recorded on an
all-sky camera.  Has that one been "merged" and not
considered to be a separate event anymore?  Lastly, is
the fireball from Ireland being ignored for some
reason?

Long strewn fields!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA