[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Lyrid Blundering/Bursts

April 22, 2002

Greetings Meteor Enthusiasts!

I forgot the Lyrid peak was Monday morning (April
21/22, 2002)!  Good grief!  Another meteor shower
missed!  Nevertheless, it was cloudy right before I
went to bed last night (~9:55 P.M. EDT) and was
lightly sleeting or hailing.  There was even a bit of
thunder last evening during some of the sleet and/or
hail.  I probably can safely say that it was cloudy
all night.  What crazy weather!

Oh well, I may still give it a try tonight.   I was
going to boost the enthusiasm of the list for this
shower (I know, too late) by informing them of the
great bursts of 1803, 1922, 1945, and 1982.  From the
positive reports I have already read, does anyone
think that this year's rates were at all above normal?

Long, bright, and dazzling trains!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA