From: "Graham & Amy Palmer" <gramy@globedot net.nz>
To: <meteorobs@atmob.org>
Subject: (meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V4 #895
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 22:11:31 +1200

International Astronomy day success.
     My name is Graham Palmer, I live in Hastings, New Zealand. I was
involved in a promotion for International Astronomy day at our local
planetarium. The event was a major success. The region I live in is not
heavily populated, so we were 'over the moon' to have more than one thousand
visitors go through the planetarium in less than six hours. They were shown
slide shows, night sky presentations in the planetarium and telescope
viewing of the Sun, moon, and major planets. Members of the local society
were on hand to help out and answer as many questions as possible. The event
has raised awareness of astronomy and has caused a significant increase in
membership numbers of the club.
     It was just great to be involved in such a successful event that will
have a real impact on peoples' interests. The reason I am telling you this
is because I first heard about International Astronomy day from one of the
NAMN e-mails.
So thanks, and keep up the good work!
Clear skies, Graham.

Graham & Amy Palmer