[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Batteries

I learned some things at the Radio Shack today about batteries that I
was not aware of that would be useful for meteor observers.
    First, for operating at low temperatures, alkaline batteries perform
poorly and one should use lithium batteries in that environment.
    Second, Radio Shack has a new heavy duty AA, and AAA batteries
specially designed for "Longer Lasting for Digital Electronics".  Their
name is "Enercell Plus".   These appear to have solved the problem I was
having with a remote weather station and should serve well in the field
work of meteor observers.
    I don't know whether Radio Shack  is available outside the United
states, bur you might check:
        http://www.RadioShack.com
    For AA lithium batteries which are very expensive:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F012%5F004%5F000&Page=3

If my trouble with the weather station returns I will have to try these
lithium batteries since they have three times more ampere hours than
alkaline.