[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Batteries

Dat
> If my trouble with the weather station returns I will have to try these
> lithium batteries since they have three times more ampere hours than
> alkaline.

I checked the Conrad Electronics catalog for Lithium AA cells.
They  have a capacity of 3000 mAh at 1.5 V, and claim to have
a much better low temperature performance than Alkalines (down
to -20 deg C)

One should be CAREFUL, since there are 3.6 Volts (!!!!) Lithium
AA cells out there. Some of them have an extended temperature
range down to -55 deg C and up to +130 deg :-(

Anyone seen Lithium AAA cells? They would be great for
using a Palm at very low temperatures (see www.meteoredot de)

Hartwig

H. Luethen
h.luthen@botanik.uni-hamburgdot de
priv: Behnstr. 13, D-22767 Hamburg
lab: Institut fuer Allgemeine Botanik, Ohnhorststr. 18
     D-22609 Hamburg, Germany
Tel: 0049 (0)40-3800551 priv
     0049 (0)40-428-16-337