[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) May 5 observation from Oregon

I got in a bit of observing from 10:20-11:40UT on May 5.  There was a bit of cirrus and fog
around, that intensified as the moonlight started hitting it.  Still I was able to find an
fairly dark, unobstructed field for almost all of the session.  Mean LM was 6.40.  However,
in 1.34h Teff, I saw only 12 meteors, including only 3 Eta Aquarids.  I was hoping for a few
more, even from latitude 42.5N, but I'll take it since this shower has always been a washout
for me.  Weather's supposed to move in tonight, so I doubt I'll be able to try my luck again.

--
Wes Stone
Chiloquin, OR