[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) eta Aquarids

I didn't have any real luck with the Eta Aquarids here in southern Louisiana
due to a hazy night with some cloudiness.  It was a little disappointing
since it's been a while since I've had the chance to do any meteor
observing.

On the plus side, the planetarium I operate had a nice star party Saturday
night before shower activity started, with just enough clear sky to give
people a good view of the planets.  It gave us a chance to tell the audience
about the shower and talk to them informally about light pollution.

The new museum and planetarium building we have under construction should
finally be finished in a month (after 10 years of planning and two more of
construction!).  By October we should be back in business just in time to
include the Leonids in our programming, along with a short light pollution
program and a meteorite and tektite exhibit.

Dave Hostetter