Date: 7 May 2002 14:56:53 -0000
From: EAMN@yahoogroups.com
To: EAMN@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [EAMN] Digest Number 208

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Daytime Green Fireball
           From: "mikeandmarjo" <mikeandmarjo@yahoo.com.au>

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 12:42:23 -0000
   From: "mikeandmarjo" <mikeandmarjo@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Daytime Green Fireball

On the 5th of April at 3PM I observed a medium fast green fireball
with wake in the eastern sky. I happened to be looking at that part
of the sky as it became visible. It was at least as bright as the
full moon, probably brighter. Half of its flight was visible behind
high cloud. It was from behind this high cloud that it appeared
distinctly green.

My girlfriend and I were atop a 1300 metre high mountain 70km west of
Coffs Harbour at the time, waiting for the sun to set. The nova V838
MON was to be the binocular-observation target.

Between 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM we both observed a series of seemingly
unrelated but equally unusual phenomena. One symmetrical and  two
asymmetrical halos passing overhead from west to east (looked very
high up, the ionosphere?) encompassing 1/3rd of the entire sky. A UFO
doing "loop the loops" that subsequently vanished. And if that wasn't
enough .... a very large delta wing aircraft(Concord?) without proper
navigation lights flew almost straight overhead.

Needless to say by this time we had forgotten about V838 MON. We both
skulked into the car and went to sleep, not wanting to see anything
more.

Cheers, Mike.

BTW, this is a very good halo site:
http://www.sundog.clara.codot uk/halo/unusual.htm