[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) leonids

--- "H.Luethen" <fb4a042@rzaixsrv2.rrz.uni-hamburgdot de> wrote:
> My figures when analysing weather images from 1995
> to 2001 supports
> your impression. I looked at every weather picture
> from Nov. 11
> to Nov 22. in these years and estimated the
> probability for seeing
> the event at several sites.
> The more you go to the North the lower the chances
> are. Nevada, or Denver, have 60% probability,

Where in Nevada? There is a big difference in wintertime cloudcover between northern and southern Nevada. The Las Vegas area (Clark/Nye county and Lake Mead) should be a relatively clear location, similar to the Palomar or Kitt Peak areas. North of Tonopah up to Reno and beyond, the conditions deteriorate with more substantial winter weather expected.

Mike Linnolt