[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) May 16, 2002 Meteor Observations from California

Thanks for sharing your report, Bob.  The spirit of your narrative is
exactly the reason why I remain as excited about meteor observing now as I
did in 1974 when I first got started! Well said.  I wanted to ask you for
more info about the Corona Australid you mention, however.  I have always
fancied looking for the "obscure" radiants and I recall getting out in past
years in May to look for a radiant on an older listing marked the "Coronids"
(no success in seeing any as I recall).  I will have to recheck my older
listings, but I thought it had referred to a radiant in Corona BOREALIS vice
AUSTRALIS so now I am confused!  I seem to recall they were listed with an
extremely slow velocity, which sounds just like your meteor.  Keep up the
great work.  We all appreciate it!!

Paul in "sunny" Florida (which is a term invented by the Chamber of
Commerce/Tourism Board and does NOT infer any correlation whatsoever to our
after dark observing conditions!  When was the last time anyone ever heard
our state referred to as: "starry Florida"?