[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids

Hi Ed,

Here are a couple of personal experiences regarding South Texas. I observed the Persieds from the upper Valley (Rio Grande for those outside of the area) on several occaisions. The skies are best there during the summer and the Summer of '69 was a spectacular experience.
Another benefit of the low latitude is a longer opportunity to observe grazers. Perseid grazers are most impressive.
Being a long time resident of Texas, I would think anywhere west of Austin would be favorable with very little benefit to be gained from a longer drive (except to avoid clouds.)
Besides who could argue with the lyric from "Deep in the Heart of Texas". :-)
Tom