[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Arietids

> Actually, something like this might be of some use for the Leonids this
> November. Scattered moonlight is the same color as scattered sunlight.
> However, orange isnšt the right color. You want red. The scattering of light
> in the atmosphere is stronger at the blue end, and weaker at the red end, so
> the overall result looks bluish.

There is one problem, however. The dark adapeted eye is nearly not
red sensitivie (but sensitive at 500nm).  Obviously red sensitivity
is good for CCD and video, but not for visual observers.

Hartwig

H. Luethen
h.luthen@botanik.uni-hamburgdot de
priv: Behnstr. 13, D-22767 Hamburg
lab: Institut fuer Allgemeine Botanik, Ohnhorststr. 18
     D-22609 Hamburg, Germany
Tel: 0049 (0)40-3800551 priv
     0049 (0)40-428-16-337

Follow-Ups: References: