[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Overdense or Es?

Hi.Shelby
Good question to what I observed 11UT-14UT June 5.From
all the e-mail I received, all the web sites I have
been told to look at the basic question has still not
been answereddot can the human ear tell the difference
between sporadic E layer and radio meteor events in
the commercial FM band? From what I have researched
there is no clear cut view.If it is impossible those
who only observe by manual counts  will be  greatly
disappointed.My issue is that many e-mail and web
sites come straight out and say Sporadic E layer is
triggered by meteor activity.With this information in
mind,May and June are the peak periods for daylight
meteor activity.Also the strongest daylight radio
meteor shower of the year happens in this time
frame.From what information I have seen this is also
one period of the year for active sporadic E layer.To
me it is not much of a leap that the two phenomonons
are related at his time. This having been said should
it not be possible for those who have this information
to see if there was a time relationship between
observed sporadic E layer peaks and peak active in the
radio meteor record from the automated stations for
the day in question. Also from the very limited radio
meteor data and sporadic e-layer data I have seen or
heard June 5 was a some what active time period
leading up to the Arietids maximum. This is my
personal view and is based on very limited data and
information.I could be very wrong. I have seen no
posting on when the peak happened. From  what
information I have read on the daylight Arietids this
shower  has a filament type structure or multiple
streams and still some questions remain open on this
shower. It is only a question of which view you wish
to except.  Once  again thanks to all on the e-mail
list for your replies and help.
Clear Skies and Good Listening
Thomas Dorman
Far West Texas Sky Watcher