[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Constantinople indeed!!

Hello Dr. Eric Flescher

Yes, it's true that in 472AD the name WAS Constantinople! But you know how the
song goes!..dot it's now Istanbul!!

My friend and former colleague, John Freely, is a noted authority on the history
of this great city/country. He has written numerous books (over 25 at last
count) about Turkey. I had the honor of illustrating part of the one entitled -
'Istanbul, the Imperial City'(1995 Viking Press). I have since left Istanbul for
'Ancient Greece' (south of the ancient city of Troy) and I have lost track of
him. But ol' John is probably still at Bosphorus University where he teaches
physics AND astronomy!! If anyone knows about this celestial event, I'm willing
to bet that he does.

You might try looking for him there. He used to have an email address but he's
too busy writing books to do much emailing...however, it's possible to locate
him through the school. The school must have a website on the internet. I'm
having serious connection problems here these days so I can't do any searching.
I hope you are successful. John's a great guy!

Good Luck,

Arlene in Assos
walking in the footsteps of Aristotle