[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The Annual Lampyridae Meteors

Hello Fellow Obs,
                                I have to confess that there is a good
possibility that on an occasion I identified a fire-fly flash as a meteor.
The shortest "meteor" Ive yet to see I might add.  My first thought was that
it was a very short meteor that just barely touched the atmosphere and hence
a very short burn.  Id like to throw something out while we are on this as I
have yet to hear someone talk of it.  In the book Fireballs, Meteors, and
Meteorites by Mr. Povenmire he talks of observing a "black" meteor which is
an optical illusion brought on by fatigue after hours of observing.  I have
yet to have this happen but have definately been fatigued!  This is an very
good book by the way in case someone should be new at observing meteors.
The zigzaging meteor I have yet to "see"!

Long trains,

Jeff W.