[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Pseudo-meteor showers

I would mention another type of pseudo-meteor "shower" besides the
lampyrids, the "reflectionids". They appear only to eyeglass wearers who
observe directly exposed to dim light sources that are generally far
away and almost behind the observer.

I can see these meteors appearing repeatedly in the same area of the sky
whenever I move my head in a certain direction, when observing from my
backyard. The glare of a distant streetlight almost behind me reflects
on the glasses and resembles a meteor.

By the way, observing from my backyard is very dificult because local
light pollution iluminates some nocturnal flying beings and creates many
"radiants" of pseudo-meteors such as the "insectids", "birdids" and "batids"...

Kiko Soares
P. Prudente - Brasil
22.07 S - 51.22 W