[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observation 29.06.2002

Hi all !

> Do you know a good website about the dependence of the meteor attributes (the
> "TOP" was quite fast, short and appeared in Hercules) and the distance from
> the radiant? This would be quite helpful in this case, but I didn't find
> anything definate (it was a fast one, so it wasn't directly near the
> radiant).

The IMO website has such a table were you can see the corresponding apparent speed
of the meteor depending on the distance of the meteor from the radiant, its
altitude and the entry speed of the meteoroid.
Good research !

From Mark :

>I congratulate you for for your observation. Here from my country (Brazil),
>I couldn't see it.
>Thx for your e-mail, and keep trying!!!!

If only it was my observation... It was my brother's, so I didn't see anything at
all, even not a flash :-(( Will wait until the day a nice -24 fireball will pass
above my head during a meteor watch ;-))

Clear skies to all !

Karl.